There's no need to miss work or take a long drive when you require a medical test. Virtually any analysis you need can be performed by the Schuyler Hospital Laboratory Services Department. Our staff uses the most up-to-date technology to get fast, accurate results, whether you give your sample at the hospital, your doctor's office, or your nursing home.
For a schedule of Schuyler Hospital Blood Drives, click here.
Click here to download Schuyler Hospital's Laboratory Services Brochure.
Credentialed, Experienced Laboratory Professionals
The Schuyler Hospital Laboratory operates under the experienced direction of a board-certified clinical and anatomical pathologist, Dr. Daniel Sudilovsky. Our pathologist has subspecialty training and expertise in cytology and dermatopathology. He works closely with Kelly Stone and a staff of more than 10 New York State licensed laboratory technologists.
Our Commitment to Customer Service
- Our goal is to deliver a level of care and service that is equal to or better than any medical center anywhere in the region.
- We are focused at all times on the right way to proceed in order to get accurate test results because accurate lab work is one of the most fundamental parts of healthcare.
- Patient safety, as well as accurate and swift testing results, are our top priorities so that we may serve you better.
Computer Connectivity with Area Physicians
The Laboratory at Schuyler Hospital provides secure online access for medical staff members to refer patients and to view clinical results on referred patients. Through our protected electronic medical records (EMR) system, physicians can order tests online and view their patients' clinical notes, laboratory test results and pathology reports. This gives physicians and their patients the best opportunity to review test results together, quickly and easily during a patient's office visit.
Laboratory Services Through the Cayuga Health System
In 2014 Cayuga Medical Center in Ithaca and Schuyler Hospital in Montour Falls established the Cayuga Health System to enhance the quality of patient care in the region and to focus on the ways in which our members could work cohesively. To that end, Cayuga Medical Center now provides certain pathology services and Microbiology services to Schuyler Hospital; however, the majority of Laboratory services remain under the purview of each individual hospital.
Collaboration with Mayo Medical Laboratories
The Mayo Medical Clinic serves as the official reference laboratory for Cayuga Medical Center and, by extension through our affiliation, to Schuyler Hospital. In this role, Mayo Medical Laboratories (MML) performs tests that are done infrequently and tests for rare conditions that require special expertise and equipment. Genetic testing for certain familial cancers, inherited metabolic diseases, and bleeding disorders are among the types of tests for which Cayuga Medical Center and Schuyler Hospital use MML.
ACCREDITATIONS & SERVICES
The Schuyler Hospital Laboratory is accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC), which is a private, independent, not-for-profit organization governed by representatives from the American College of Surgeons, the American Dental Association, and the American Medical Association. TJC is the world's leading healthcare accrediting body and is responsible for setting national patient-care standards. Our Laboratory undergoes TJC's rigorous accreditation process every two years. We have consistently maintained our accreditation thanks to the high standards and excellent training of our Laboratory leadership and professional staff.
The Schuyler Hospital Laboratory is certified by the New York State Department of Health and is licensed to perform testing in the following categories, in accordance with the Public Health Law.
- Blood Bank Services
- Chemistry/Immunology/Drug Testing
- Limited Microbiology
Screenings available include:
- Basic and Comprehensive Metabolic profiles
- Cholesterol and Glucose levels
- Coumadin therapy monitoring
- DOT driver screenings
- Hemoglobin and Hematocrit levels
- Lead levels
- Lipid profiles
- Pre-employment urine testing
- Prostate tests
- Strep throat cultures
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) screenings
- White Blood Cell counts
To better serve our patients we provide certain extended services. The following special services are available to patients with a doctor 's order:
- A full set of pre-employment drug testing and DOT driver screenings through Schuyler Hospital Laboratory Services and the Montour Falls Primary Care Center. Our Medical Review Officer is licensed and certified, ensuring a proper chain of custody for legal proofs for these tests.
- Convenient home specimen collection for patients who require blood work but who are unable to travel. With a physician order, our phlebotomist will come out to your house on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
- On-site collection of blood samples and specimens for residents in Seneca View Skilled Nursing Facility.